6.17.2013

Riding Along

Anderson loves the Cozy Coupe. Anytime we are at someone's house who has a Cozy Coupe he beelines for it. I've been wanting to get him one & have been watching the facebook trading sites for any that come up for sale. But they go really quickly and I'm really slow about checking.

Yesterday my sis & BIL stopped by & told us to come outside because they had something for Anderson... You guessed it, it was a Cozy Coupe! He was SO EXCITED! 

He hopped right in, closed that little door & got to moving. But here's the thing; they found the Cozy Coupe...in a dumpster...so it was nasty. Like seriously, caked in dirt with a whole spider kingdom taking up residency in the under carriage. 

But other than the dirt & spiders it was in great shape!

So, this morning I pulled out the hose and my big jug of white vinegar and a couple of towels. 30 minutes & some elbow grease later we had a great looking Cozy Coupe to play with.

While I was basically pressure washing the thing the Lord brought to mind how even this was a picture of the gospel and so I began explaining it to Anderson. 

"Just like Mommy is cleaning off the old, yucky dirt from this car, Jesus cleans off our sins. When we're saved some things change immediately just like the dirt on the seat is coming right off."

I then flipped it over to find where the Chronicles of Spiderwick was being lived out. 

"And some things take a while to change. And usually the deeper Jesus goes, the harder sins stick kind of like these spiders." -- {seriously, they weren't going anywhere despite my finger-at-the-top-of-the-hose pressure spray!}

"This process is called sanctification."

The whole while he babbled back to me so I'm trusting Jesus is doing a work in his little heart already ;-)

So, we finished up the cleaning process and had a pretty good-looking Cozy Coupe! I wish I had taken a before picture but alas, I'm not a good blogger and never see a bloggable moment while I'm in it.


And as he was riding all around the driveway I noticed the filthy rags and was reminded of Isaiah 64:6 -- All of us have become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
    and like the wind our sins sweep us away.



And I was humbled and grateful that that is not where the story ends...
 
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. -- Isaiah 61:10




1 comment:

  1. This was so sweet! Also, I laughed at the Chronicles of Spiderwick line. :o)

    ReplyDelete