2.13.2011

Sweetness

With Valentine's Day being tomorrow I thought I'd share some ideas for Valentine's treats! This past week was my turn to do snacks for our small group and I wanted them to be V'day themed but I was totally coming up blank on ideas. 

I have my go-to Christmas desserts and my go-to summery desserts but as far as Valentine's Day, I had nothin'...
I did the obvious and asked my dear friend Google for help. I found some cute ideas and kind of varied them to make them work for me! They turned out great and were so super easy so I thought I'd share.

Sweet Treat #1:
Valentine's Fruit Bowl (I didn't need Google's help for this one, lol)

I just mixed together strawberries, raspberries and purple grapes to get the "love" color scheme going:





Sweet Treat #2:
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows

I bought two bars of Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate and broke it up into the little squares (YUMMY!):

I just placed the bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals mixing in between each turn until it was all completely melted.
I then just halfway dipped the marshmallows in the chocolate and sprinkled them with red, sugar sprinkles (AW wanted to get an action shot, haha).

I placed the marshmallows on a wax-paper covered cookie sheet and put them in the fridge for about 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden:

Here's the final product with little red toothpicks to complete the Valentine's theme. Too easy & so yummy!:

Sweet Treat #3:
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods

I just used the melted chocolate and a spoon to cover the tops of the pretzel rods. I then sprinkled them with the red, sugar sprinkles and placed 3 in a mug and put them in the fridge for about 5 minutes for the chocolate to set. 

I only did 3 in a mug at a time because I didn't want them to touch and look all crazy...I couldn't think of a better system but if you have one please share!

After I tested the first round I was nervous that they looked a bit phallic:



I asked AW what he thought and he said he thought it was fine and that it was a small group of married people so they probably wouldn't mind, haha...

Here's the final product:




In all it only took me about an hour to make these treats and the best part was that the red, sugar sprinkles made them look all sparkly! How fun! 

Maybe if you need Valentine's snack ideas these will help! Also, I am told that there are pink, heart-shaped marshmallows out there but I couldn't find them at Publix...maybe you know where they are! Anywho, I hope that you and your loved ones have a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment