9.06.2010

Nature: The Great Relaxator


Relaxator, not sure if this is an actual word or not but it goes with the flow of my title and you get the point.

As we all know it's Labor Day weekend! Woohoo! An extra day of rest! Who doesn't get excited about that?

Well, I know I'm pumped. I started class this week and on top of having a sinus infection I have been exhausted! By the time Friday got here I felt like a zombie. Saturday pretty much consisted of recovering from the long week, resting and watching football. ROLL TIDE!

Well, Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church AW was watching the news and proposed a wonderful idea! When we first started dating we were both in school at Montevallo and lived down there and because we were always so busy with greek life, intramurals and a million other campus activities, going on actual "dates" was pretty much out of the question.

Also, I lived on campus on the sorority hall and he lived in an apartment with 3 other people so alone time was rare (which, by the way, was an aspect that helped to keep our relationship healthy). Anywho, AW would frequently come get me late at night and take me out to the presiden't lawn and we would look at the stars and just talk and be together.

Well, Sunday, while watching the news, he heard that the weather was going to be clear and cool. The perfect setting for star gazing and since it is a long weekend we had no reason to go to bed early!

So, around 9 o'clock we headed down to montevallo with a big blanket in tow. We walked out on the lawn and it was absolutely beautiful! We could see hundreds of stars everywhere! We were just laying there enjoying the cool night air, it was about 65 degrees--perfection, and listening to dogs bark in the distance and bugs hum in the nearby trees.

It was truly the most relaxing thing we have done in a while. I love to get a massage because it is so relaxing but this was just as nice and it was free! I definitely recommend star gazing on a cool, quiet night with your honey!

Earlier Sunday afternoon I was working on some homework, yes--I have homework and I am excited abut it! yay! Well, as part of my homework I was assigned to read some Anne Bradstreet poems and I really enjoyed them. She was one of the first people to live in America and she had incredible faith. Also, she was America's first female poet!

I want to share one of the poems with you in honor of my sweet husband and how much I love him!

"To My Dear and Loving Husband"
Anne Bradstreet

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee;


If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can.


I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.


My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompence.


Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold I pray.


Then while we live, in love let's so persevere,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

 

1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome way to spend a holiday night! Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete